Control theory is an interdisciplinary branch of engineering and mathematics that deals with the behavior of dynamical systems with inputs, and how their behavior is modified by feedback .
The objective of control theory is to design a controller so that the system has some desired characteristics. Typical objectives are :
- Disturbance rejection
该图描述了控制理论的体系结构，由 @系统与控制 创作并授权使用。
Feedback Control Approach
- Establish control objectives
- Quantitative: step response time
- Require understanding of expected commands, disturbances and bandwitdh
- Require understanding of physical dynamics and appropriate control method
- Select sensors and actuators
- What aspect to be sensed and controlled?
- Sensor noise, cost, reliability, size ...
- Obtain system model
- First principle or system identification
- Evaluation model -> reduce size and complexity
- Accuracy? Error model?
- Design controller
- SISO or MIMO?
- Classical or state-space?
- Choose parameters (rule-of-thumb or optimization)
- Analyze closed-loop performance
- Does closed loop meet objectives?
- Analysis, simulation, experimentation and iterate.
Frequency Domain Analysis
- Gain margin
- Phase margin
Time Domain Analysis
- Rising Time
- Peak Time
- Steady-state Time
This document includes basic descriptions and implementations of a Control System. The materials covered are: system modelling, controller design, classical control theory, modern control theory and C/Matlab/Simulink implementations.
This wiki site is maintained by myself at an irregularly base. Contents might be inconsistent when I am working on them. Please use it with caution as I assume no other user than myself would be using this website.